Tea Shortbread

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Well, it's not tea AND shortbread. It's tea flavoured shortbread! Brilliant, no? I baked half batches, using three types of tea: Double Bergamot Earl Grey, Jasmine Green Tea and Masala Chai. As I was preparing the cookie dough, I couldn't resist sampling the goods. They were very good. The finished baked versions are just as awesome!! Each cookie is buttery, fragrant, and crisp. I can't wait to experiment with other varieties of tea. Perhaps I should also consider replacing the tea leaves with flowers (rose, lavender, linden)!

3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Those look delish!

loves2experiment said...

Since I've sent you a copy of the recipe, you should make them and let me know if they taste as good as they look!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

You should consider posting the recipe on your blog too. I know that you work with your recipes until they are just right so....you might post a before and then and after recipe. That would be interesting.